Saturday, February 7, 2009

Out There

I'm out there. On the Internet, you know. I've got multiple email accounts, this blog, a youtube account, I'm now on facebook, I've got pictures loaded to flickr, I even signed up to twitter yesterday. Since no one knows who I am I'm kind of out there on my own, but I'm out there. I'm once again enjoying the blog but am not real sure if this other stuff is worthwhile or just a terrific waste of time. Still, right now, due to circumstances beyond our control, my wife is having to spend most of each day away from home so I'm basically on my own at home here. So I'm playing. I mentioned last week that I've moved all my software off the PC to the laptop to make all this stuff more convenient for me. And right now I've got plenty to keep me busy, including lots of new music to listen to. (I've discovered Jack Teagarden and his music is simply great. He is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.) I've also got a list of things to blog about too, plus (sigh) a lot of things to take care of around the house. I'm in the middle of a really fun Nero Wolfe mystery. Plus I'm getting the screenplay itch again. I've got an idea for a straight romantic comedy. I'm convinced the idea is good but whether or not I can pull it off to my satisfaction is still in question. Problem with that is, once I start it crowds everything else in my life. I tend to spend every waking minute thinking about it. If only I didn't have to work five days a week! Anyhow, I'm out there and keeping busy, and interested.

No comments: