Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Intermission: Mendelssohn-Hirtenlied Op. 57 No.2

I was on a classical music site a few weeks ago and someone linked to a youtube video of this young German girl playing the ballet music from Shubert’s Rosamunde.  It was terrific.  She’s not a pro but she’s quite good and I love that she plays in the sonata format – a simple piano accompaniment to her violin - and that she always plays the melody.  My wife and I speculate that’s her instructor on the piano.  On the related videos box  noticed that she had some other videos so I began to search and, lo and behold, there is a complete youtube site of her videos, among other videos.  Again, I believe the site must be run by instructor, who records and posts new videos every few days.  At any rate, this young girl has given me much pleasure these past few weeks.  Here she is from a few days ago playing some Mendelssohn.  Just lovely.

No comments: